Pop-Up Opera are part of the festival for the first time this year with their new Mozart Double Bill: Der Schauspieldirektor & Bastien und Bastienne. The production will be directed by New British Music Theatre Award nominee, Anna Pool, critically acclaimed for her bold and fierily original directing style.
Sit back and enjoy two delicious one-act comedies in which a pair of actresses battle it out to be the prima donna, and a pair of lovers tease and test their feelings for each other. These brilliant gems showcase Mozart’s gorgeous music and sense of playfulness, the first written in the last 5 years of his life and the second when he was just 12 years old! Two lively and engaging stories to delight you either side of an interval.
“Whether you love opera, or you’ve never been to one, be sure to catch this” Time Out
“Take your kids, take your parents, take yourself, for an eye-opening evening of raw talent” Bargain Theatre
“They’re serious about opera but know opera isn’t always serious” Performance Reviewed
Croydonites: seriously good theatre (and opera)...in Croydon
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
Croydonites Festival of New Theatre
Anna Arthur - local resident and founder of the festival